What are Cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
What cookies do you use?
These are the cookies we use and why we need them. We don’t have that many, and none of them involve random advertising or granting access to your details to third parties.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with the Ordo service that you have requested (eg to enable you to put smart request bundles in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
Can I turn off cookies?
If you don’t want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Ordo website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them have a look at the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
What do your cookies do?
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website (so you can more quickly get to what you usually want);
- keep track of the bundle of smart requests stored in your shopping basket (so we can take you through the checkout process);
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, product and service and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based material that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
What types of cookies do you use?
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered and will give you a better more efficient experience of our web site. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our website, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Who are we?
This website is operated by us, Ordo, the trading name for The Smart Request Company Ltd. Ordo runs the payment request service allowing users to send and receive bills and payments simply, swiftly and securely, using smart requests.
How can I contact you?
If you’d like to have a chat with us, please use the contact uslink at the bottom left of our web site, we’d love to hear from you.
Need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact us link at the bottom left of our web site.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time, when we do we will let you know.